The International Affairs Committee (IAC) acts on international issues facilitating cooperation and networking with social work educators and programmes. Established in 1988 the Committee provides linkages with the International Association of Schools of Social Work and other international associations and provides a clearinghouse role for the international activities of the school of social work members and individual social work educators. It has representation on the Boards of Directors of the International Association of Schools of Social Work (IASSW), North American and Caribbean Association of Schools of Social Work (NACASSW), and the Asia and Pacific Association for Social Work Education (APASWE). The Committee has two co-chairs, Kathy Hogarth and Vina Sandher.
Terms of Reference
Click here to read the terms of reference.
- IASSW General Assembly. Announcement – Agenda – Minutes-Melbourne – Elections announcement
- IASSW supports the IFSW Statement: Responding to the Refugee Crisis.
- IASSW Message on World Social Work Day March 15, 2016: Responding to the Refugee Crisis, Role of Social Work
- The February newsletters on the activities of the IASSW representatives and interns at the United Nations in New York
- The 12th issue of Social Dialogue online magazine. The theme of this issue is “International Social Work Education”. You can access the previous issue at http://www.iassw-aiets.org/
- Global Agenda for Social Work and Social Development African Region Plans Second Report
- Please note the launch of “Community based Social Economy and Community Development” Also available in PDF format at http://www.social-dialogue.com/
- “Interested in dialogue about international social welfare?” Please “like” the Katherine A. Kendall Facebook page today and share with your colleagues!
- The Global Definition of Social Work: The definition was approved by the IFSW General Meeting and the IASSW General Assembly in July 2014.
The recent (2012-2013) report produced by Janice Wood Wetzel DOC
Five IASSW intern’s papers:
1. ‘STREET CHILDREN AND SOCIAL WORK’ ( by Rio Comaduran) – DOCX
2. ‘SOCIAL WORK AND ASYLUM SEEKERS IN THE U.S.’(by Rio Comaduran and Seiya Fukuda) – DOCX
3. ‘WORLD BANK: A PRIMER ON GLOBAL DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS’( by Khaliyl N. Lane) – DOCX
4. ‘INCREASED TRAFFICKING OF WOMEN & GIRLS DURING WORLD SPORTING EVENTS’( by Khaliyl N. Lane) – DOCX
5. ‘NELSON MANDELA: A TRUE COMMUNITY ORGANIZER’ EVENTS’(by Khaliyl N. Lane) – DOC