Please note that the Federation is currently experiencing some technical difficulties with its portal. This means that some sections of the English and French individual membership form may not display properly.
2022-2023 Individual membership may be obtained as of March 7th, 2022. All 2022-2023 memberships expire March 31st,2023, regardless of when your individual membership was obtained
Joining CASWE-ACFTS as an Individual Member holds many benefits and opportunities!
From volunteer involvement in our many committees, caucuses and working groups, to access to our member events, being a member of our association is the first step to engaging with like-minded people who are committed to making a difference in the world around them by shaping the social work education landscape. Individual membership is available to students and current and former faculty in social work education programs from CASWE-ACFTS accredited schools, including field instructors, coordinators and directors. (See Friends of the Association category if you do not meet this requirement.)
- To add your voice to decisions on social work education in Canada;
- To receive a reduced rate to attend our Annual Conference;
- To access your online subscription to the Canadian Social Work Review – Revue canadienne de service social;
- To engage with our various constituency groups, including Thunderbird Circle-ISWEN, the Racial, Ethnic and Cultural Issues Caucus, the Women’s Caucus, the Queer Caucus, the (dis)Ability Caucus, the International Affairs Committee, the Francophone social work, the Field Education Committee, and the Social Policy and Advocacy Committee.
- To receive our online newsletter, CASWE Connection, which includes links to career listings from our member schools of social work;
- To implement your voting rights during the Annual General Meeting
The Association’s By-laws specify that current or former faculty (including field instructors, field coordinators, field directors) or students in CASWE-ACFTS accredited programs are eligible to become members of CASWE-ACFTS. The membership year is from April 1st to March 31st.
|1. Faculty (current or former)||$80.00|
|2. Field Instructors, Field Coordinators, Field Directors (current or former)||$60.00|
Friends of the Association
Please note that the title of Friend of the association does not give the status of member of the Association. This category is for individuals who are not affiliated with a CASWE-ACFTS accredited social work program and who are interested in the mission and activities of the Association.
Friends include social workers, international scholars, students from non-accredited programs, etc.)
The associated benefits are:
• Reception of our online newsletter, CASWE Connection
• Access to your online subscription to the Canadian Social Work Review – Revue canadienne de service social (a $40 value)
• Regular updated information on the activities of the Association
• Eligibility to attend the Conference at a reduced rate and to participate by submitting an abstract
• The opportunity to network with members of the Association.
|Friends of the Association||Fees|
|Friends include social workers, international scholars, students from non-accredited programs, etc.)||$60.00|
Institutional membership is held by university faculties, departments, schools and modules of social work that are accredited, or have been granted pre-accreditation status, by the CASWE-ACFTS Commission on Accreditation (COA), and that are also members of Universities Canada (www.univcan.ca). Our Institutional Members have a strong voice in our Association with representation at our Annual General Meeting (AGM). Each institution is represented by the Dean/Director of the social work program and can also appoint a Faculty Delegate and a Student Delegate.
Besides participating and voting at the AGM, these delegates also serve as liaisons to students and faculty members at their schools. If you would like to learn more about the accreditation process, visit the Accreditation page, or contact our Accreditation Coordinator, Marie-Christine Bois: email@example.com